Tuesday, July 26th, 2016
VFW Post 8787, 500 VFW Rd.
(Northbound IH-35 frontage between Braker and Yager)
Fishing Times: TBD
Weigh In: TBD
2016 Tournament Results:
July 2016 Tournament: Lake Austin - Results
June 2016 Tournament: Lake Buchanan - Results
May 2016 Tournament: Lake LBJ - Results
April 2016 Tournament: Lake Buchanan - Results
March 2016 Tournament: Lake Falcon - Results
February 2016 Tournament: Lake Stillhouse - Results
January 2016 Tournament: Lake LBJ - Results
RCBC 39th Annual Open Tournament
CONGRATULATIONS to 2015 Angler of the Year, Gilbert Torres. Gilbert finished the year with a total score of 969.
You or your partner must be in line with fish within 30 minutes after the stop time to have your fish weighed. This was discussed at a club meeting and only if you or your partner with fish are in line by 30 minutes after the stop time, will your fish be weighed. Not on the ramp, in the parking lot on boat, etc.. Must be in line!
You must pay your entry fee before you weigh your fish or they will not be weighed.
Please Do Not Call tournament directors or board members later than 10:00pm CST to sign up for tournament.
Also as a reminder, please try your best to keep fish alive. With summer months on us, fish will need ice, aeration or Keep Alive granules to keep fish alive.
For tournament questions contact Troy Roberson, contact information available on membership tab.
This year, the club was able to provide 26 full meals of turkey or ham to 25 families in the greater Austin Metropolitan area. Meals were purchased from funds raised by activities associated with the club's annual open tournament.
Additional money came from friends of the club that contributed independently and from club members own pockets to add more food and small gifts for the families.
This year, members helping with the meal distribution are: Robert Johnson, Tim Champlin and his son, Don Blumrich, Dennis Creech, Dan and Joan (?) Clawson, Roy Aleman and CA Aleman.
Team Tournament Results
|Butler, Robert Blaine||12||1||1.29||1.29|
Individual Tournament Results
|Butler, Robert Blaine||12||1||1.29||1.29||80|
The main purpose of our club is to promote fishing education, sportsmanship, fellowship, courtesy, conservation, safety and youth fishing. In addition, the club donates time and money to the community and charitable organizations with structured activities each year.
President – Tim Champlin
512-255-7488 (cell) 512-971-8491
Vice President — Matt Kevil
Secretary - Charlie Alder
Treasurer – Dennis Creech
512-863-7403 (cell) 512-587-1053
Tournament Director - Troy Roberson
Advisory Board Members
Robert Johnson, George Rios, JW Thompson, Gilbert Torres and Andy Zavala
We hold 12 team tournaments annually. We fish various local and regional lakes as well as one 2-day tournament at a lake known for producing great catches (Rayburn, Falcon, Choke Canyon, Amistad, etc).
All tournaments are held on Sunday with the exception of the 2-day tournament each year, which is Saturday and Sunday.
Join the Club
You are welcome to attend any of our club meetings to meet the members of the River City Bass Club. We meet every other Tuesday at 7:30 p.m.
Meetings are held at the following location:
VFW Post 8787
500 VFW Road
Austin, TX 78753
We wish everyone good fishing, good times, and good luck.
2015 RCBC 39th Annual Open Results Click here.
2015 RCBC 39th Annual Open Big Bass Results Click here.
Date: Sunday, October 25, 2015
Lake: Lake LJB
Fishing Times: 06:30AM TO 03:30PM
Weigh in: McNair Park
Payout amounts based on 100+ teams
For every 10 teams over 100,
one additional place paid $100.00
RULES & MORE INFO
1. All entry fees must be paid before 6:30AM October 25th, 2015
2. A team will consist of two fisherpersons fishing from the same boat. One person may fish alone if they pay a full $120 entry fee.
3. Contestants cannot fish Lake LBJ during the hours between 6:00PM Saturday, October 24th and 6:30AM, Sunday, October 25th 2015.
4. Fishing hours are from 6:30AM to 3:30PM on October 25th, 2015. (NO EXCEPTIONS – SEE RULE 15)
5. Official time will be by KVET Radio 1300 KC AM.
6. All fish must be caught on artificial lures by casting, using one rod and reel at a time. NO TROLLING.
7. Only Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spotted Bass may be weighed. (MINIMUM LENGTH OF 14 INCHES)
8. Any team attempting to weigh-in a fish less than 14 inches will be disqualified.
9. Fish will be measured with mouth closed and tail compressed.
10. There will be a 5 fish limit per team – any team attempting to weigh-in more than 5 fish will be disqualified.
11. Each boat must have a properly aerated livewell able to maintain alive a limit catch of bass. No iced, frozen, or pale gilled fish will be weighed. The decision of the Tournament Director will be final.
12. All fish weighed-in become the property of the River City Bass Club with the exception of trophy bass. A live release program will be in effect.
13. The River City Bass Club will take every precaution to assure a live release. Tournament contestants must go through a separate line to obtain a weigh-in bag provided by the River City Bass Club. No other bags will be accepted in the weigh-in line. Contestants who have not been through or are not in line to pick up a weigh-in bag by the 3:30PM deadline will be considered late and will be disqualified.
14. Contestants that violate Federal or Texas State Game Laws will be disqualified.
15. Any contestant or team that violates any tournament rule will be disqualified.
16. River City Bass Club reserves the right to reject any application.
17. Any protest must be in writing to the judges within 30 minutes after weigh-in.
18. All winners may be subject to a polygraph test.
19. River City Bass Club is not responsible or liable for injury or loss of property.
20. Ties will be decided by a toss of a coin.
21. All monies awarded will be by check.
22. Trailering is allowed.
23. There will be a ¼ pound deduction for each dead fish. The ruling will be made by the Tournament Director and all decisions are final.
24. U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets must be worn and fastened and a kill switch used while the big engine is running.
Tournament Questions? Comments? Call a River City Bass Club member!
|Dennis Creech||(512) 863-7403||Robert Johnson||(512) 284-6895|
|Tim Champlin||(512) 971-8491||Matt Kevil||(512) 924-6077|
Would you like to be a sponsor? If so, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Texas Parks and Wildlife Fishing Report
Fishing reports for Texas lakes by regions
Bass Boat Central
Great place to learn about bass boats, lures, techniques
and all-round good forums
Texas Association of Bass Clubs
Texas organization of bass clubs.
River City Bass Club is the 2005 & 2009 State Champions
Texas B.A.S.S Federation Nation
Texas region of B.A.S.S.
Texas Parks and Wildlife Lake Maps
Very generic lake maps
Bass Fishing Resource Guide
The Ultimate Bass Fishing Resource Guide
LCRA Public Boat Ramp Information
A Guide to ramps on the Highland Lakes
LCRA Highland Lakes Summary
The latest lake level information
Texas Tournament Zone
Bass Fishing Tournaments in Texas and Austin - Texas Tournament Zone
Lake Travis, Buchanan, Inks, LBJ, Marble Falls Ramp Levels